Thursday, October 25, 2012

Ebook Writers/Publishers: Check Out This Handy Software

One of the hardest parts of getting your own ebooks into the catalogs of outlets such as Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and even Smashwords, is trying to get the format right. The process is time-consuming, hard, and often frustrating. And the product often comes out looking amateurish, which does not help sales.

I accidentally stumbled across an ebook creator called Ultimate Ebook Creator, and downloaded a trial copy. About an hour later, I bought the full version of the software. It’s that good. And at less than $40, it’s one of the best investments you’ll make in your ebook publishing career.

Currently, Ultimate Ebook Creator produces books in several formats, including mobi and ePub. It is in a constant state of upgrade.  For example, you can now use it to upload to Smashwords, which has a reputation for being an enormously complicated project.  UEC  comes complete with a set of instructional videos on the website, and a downloadable guide you can reference offline.

Ultimate Ebook Creator is a work in progress. I’ve only had the program a short time and I’ve already downloaded two free updates. Each one has enhanced the program and expanded my publishing capabilities.

I’m lucky I found this program, and if you try it, I’m sure you’ll agree with me. (Disclaimer: I am not an affiliate, just a fan.)

If you’d like to find out more or download a fully functional trial copy of Ultimate Ebook Creator, go here. And be prepared to spend a lot of time on the site. He’s got a lot of great information there.

No comments:

Post a Comment